Grading Requirements – 8th GUP
Score required – 62%
1) 15 Push-ups & 15 Sit-ups
2) Basic blocks with counter attacks – Stepping forward in front stance x 5.
a) Lower block, stomach punch
b) Upper block and palm strike to chin
c) Minor outside block and knife-hand strike to the neck
d) Outside block and second knuckle strike to the throat
e) Body block and elbow strike to the face
2) Hand techniques in horse riding stance x 10
a) Double body punch
b) Double upper punch
3) Kicking techniques – five kicks with each leg.
a) All previous grading kicks
b) Stepping side kick
c) Double front kick (aimed at groin then face)
d) Jumping front kick (aimed at stomach)
- wrist rolls (same as 9th gup)
- strangles, grabbed from the front:
a) Push fingers into opponent’s throat
b) Swing arm over wrists to break the hold, come back with elbow to opponent’s face
c) Swing arms under opponent’s wrists to break the hold, then over to lock opponent’s arms under yours and punch ribs.
5) Poomse Basic Pattern and Taeguk 1 (watch on YouTube)
6) Free sparring