Grading Requirements – 5th GUP
Score required – 70%
1) 30 Push-ups & 30 Sit-ups
2) Kicking techniques:
a) All previous grading kicks
b) Axe kick with the back leg
c) Jumping roundhouse to the face.
d) Front kick, jumping front kick (stomach, then face)
- wrist rolls (same as 9th gup)
- Strangles, grabbed from the front (same as 8th gup)
- Strangles, grabbed from behind, (same as 7th gup)
- Head locks (same as 6th gup)
- Hair grabs and full nelson:
a) Hair grab from the front: same as 9th gup shoulder grab defence.
b) Hair grab from behind: Grab opponent’s hand with both hands and twist under his or her elbow 180°, then stand up and move into opponent putting backwards pressure on wrist. Finish off with knee or kick.
c) Full nelson: jam arms straight down to prevent the hold being fully applied, twist hips to right or left, step around the back of opponent’s leg, then quickly stand up to throw them off balance.
4) 1 step self-developed sparring:
Against a partner in ready stance; partner steps forward and throws a punch. Block the punch and deliver three counter techniques. (Include at least one take down defence.)
5) Poomse: Taeguk 2, 3 and 4 (watch on YouTube)
6) Free sparring – Tournament and street style.