Grading Requirements – 5th GUP
Score required – 70%
1) 30 Push-ups & 30 Sit-ups
2) Kicking techniques – facing partner, five kicks with each leg.
a) All previous grading kicks
b) Axe kick with the back leg
c) Jumping roundhouse to the face.
d) Front kick, jumping front kick (stomach, then face)
- wrist rolls (same as 9th gup)
- Strangles, grabbed from the front (same as 8th gup)
- Strangles, grabbed from behind, same as (7th gup)
- Head locks (same as 6th gup)
- Hair grabs and full nelson:
a) Hair grab from the front: break out by holding opponent’s hand down with both hands and stepping backward and down, putting downward pressure on opponent’s wrist. Finish off with kick.
b) Hair grab from behind: Grab opponent’s hand with both hands and twist under his or her elbow 180°, then stand up and move into opponent putting backwards pressure on wrist. Finish off with knee.
c) Full nelson: twist hips to right or left, step around the back of opponent’s leg, then quickly stand up to throw them off balance.
4) 1 step self-developed
Against a partner in ready stance; partner throws a punch. Block the punch and deliver three counter techniques
5) Poomse Taeguk 2, 3 and 4 (watch on YouTube)
6) Free sparring – Tournament and street style.